I hope you have all had a wonderful Summer holiday and I would like to welcome you back to a new school year and a new class. I’m very excited to see you all.
The start of term is always very busy. So here are some helpful pieces of information:
- Children will benefit from having the following stationary for daily use in the classroom:
- Black pen,
- Glue stick.
- Children are asked to bring a reading book of their choice in every day for silent reading during registration.
- PE will be on Friday: Please ensure that P.E kits are in school every Friday. P.E kits will be taken home at the end of the day due to a lack of storage space.
- Please ensure to bring in written consent if you wish for your child to be collected by another adult or parent.
- If homework is given out it will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by Wednesday. Please check our class page for information on homework when set.
- Children are encouraged to read at home with an adult. Please could adults record children's reading in their reading records.
- Children have been given their guided reading groups and are asked to bring in their reading records on specific days for Miss Davies to check and record in.
- Monday: Group Coch
- Tuesday: Group Glas
- Wednesday: Group Gwyrdd
- Thursday: Group Oren
- Friday: Group Melyn
Please do not hesitate to come and see me if you have any concerns regarding your child or if there are any queries.
Autumn Term 2018
Please see below our Autumn Term overview which will explain what we will be focusing on throughout this term.
Date given: 14/9/18
Return by: 19/9/18
Year 4 and 5: To re-fresh our memory ready for next week’s science lesson, research some interesting facts about the main organs inside our body. How does each organ support the body? What are their main jobs? Remember to write facts into your own words!
Please bring your research into class to help support your learning in this week’s task.
Children have also been asked to practise learning their 4 x tables ready for our quiz in 2 weeks time. Remember to not just learn the multiplication facts but the division facts too.
Date given: 7/9/18
Return by: 12/9/18
Year 4: Please complete sheet provided based on the place value of 4-digit numbers.
Year 5- Please complete sheet provided based on the place value of 5-digit numbers.