Mrs Rose here! I hope you all have had a wonderful, rested summer break and are ready to embrace the Autumn Term – my favourite time of year!
Bit of sad news to start off with, Mr Melding is unwell at the moment therefore he will not be ready to greet the pupils next week. But don’t worry – myself, a cover teacher, Mrs Morgan and Mrs Evans can not wait to see everyone!
Here is some information for your child’s new class:
Firstly our school classes have been allocated posh, new names and the Year 2/3 class is called Dosbarth Buttercup.
As explained in previous newsletters, COVID 19 safety rules are still very much in place in school.
Safety Rules to Remember:
• Stay clean. Ensure to wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitisers provided.
• Be hygienic: put tissues in the bin, keep hands off each other; your face and other people’s belongings, cough into sleeve or tissue and wash your hands afterwards.
• Keep a safe distance.
- Our classroom doors will open at 8.40 AM to allow a staggered entry into school and avoid family bubbles mixing and waiting in the yard.
- Our school day will end at 3:20 PM.
- Arrival and dismissal will continue from the ‘Outdoor Classroom’ where you can enter and exit via the gate from the lane.
- To ensure all children are collected safely from school we ask that you queue outside the gate and inform us of whom you are collecting. If anyone unfamiliar is going to be collecting your child, could you please let us know beforehand.
- Drop off and pick up will need to be prompt due to social distancing requirements amongst parents and pupils.
The School Day:
- Pupils will hang up their coats and school bags on their pegs, put away their lunch boxes and then they will wash/sanitise your hands before entering the classroom.
- Once we have sat on the carpet, registered and our bodies have warmed up from the cold outside we’ll take your temperatures.
- Break times will be as normal at 10.30 AM and 2 PM
- Lunch time is 11.55 PM – 12.20 PM, lunches are staggered to avoid bubbles mixing as much as possible. This will be followed by playtime.
- Pupils may bring a healthy snack (fruit/water) to school for break times. Milk and an afternoon snack will be provided.
A donation of £10 from all pupils is greatly appreciated to go towards snack and milk for the Autumn Term.
- Our class will form our own bubble and therefore will not mix with other classes. Pupils will spend the school day in the bubble with their teachers and teaching assistants.
- Adults will still observe the 2-metre distance rule and will wear facemasks where appropriate around the school building.
In the Classroom
- Please can you check your child’s pencil case is restocked with a black pen, writing pencil, ruler, rubber, sharpener, glue stick and colouring pencils. This will help limit transmission. Please label items where possible. They will be sent home on a regular basis to be cleaned and restocked.
- Pupils may also bring a small notebook/colouring book for rainy day lunchtimes.
- P.E. will be on a Tuesday. Pupils will come to school in their school PE kit. Your child will need to wear black shorts or black joggers/leggings, a House Colour T-Shirt (or plain one in their house colour), school school jumper/cardigan and trainers. Whenever possible PE will be outdoors, so please ensure PE kit is weather appropriate.
- Book bags in school on Mondays.
Our first topic Dosbarth Buttercup is ‘Riding the Waves’ and there are lots of different Expressive Arts activities waiting for the children.
We look forward to an exciting, fulfilled return to school in this new academic year.
Mrs Morgan and Mrs Evans