Dear Children, Parents and Caregivers,
A very happy new year to you all, let’s hope 2022 is a year of happiness, health and lacking in Zoom calls!
It’s lovely to see you all after a well deserved Christmas break! Hopefully you were able to enjoy with friends and family.
Here is some information for the new term, please read as some information may be new and your support is needed to help us all stay happy, healthy and in school!
As explained in previous newsletters, COVID 19 safety rules are still very much in place in school.
Safety Rules to Remember:
• Stay clean. Ensure to wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitisers provided.
• Be hygienic: put tissues in the bin, keep hands off each other; your face and other people’s belongings, cough into sleeve or tissue and wash your hands afterwards.
• Keep a safe distance.
Adults will still observe the 2-metre distance rule and will wear facemasks around the school building.
Our classroom doors will open at 8.40 AM to allow a staggered entry into school and avoid family bubbles mixing and waiting in the yard.
- Our school day will end at 3:10 PM.
- Arrival and dismissal will continue from the ramp/classroom door where you can enter and exit via school yard..
- To ensure all children are collected safely from school we ask that you queue outside the gate and inform us of whom you are collecting. If anyone unfamiliar is going to be collecting your child, could you please let us know before hand.
- Drop off and pick up will need to be prompt due to social distancing requirements amongst parents and pupils.
A donation of £10 from all pupils is greatly appreciated to go towards snack and milk for the Autumn Term.
In the Classroom
As stated last term:
- Pupils may also bring a small notebook/colouring book for rainy day lunchtimes.
- P.E. will be on a Wednesday. Pupils will come to school in their school PE kit. Your child will need to wear black shorts or black joggers/leggings, a House Colour T-Shirt (or plain one in their house colour), school school jumper/cardigan and trainers. Whenever possible PE will be outdoors, so please ensure PE kit is weather appropriate.
- Book bags in school on Mondays. – Please try to bring in book bags on Monday as children will be reading at the start of the week.
- Story Sacks and Prayer Sacks will be able to head home again – these will be given out on a Monday and should be brought back to school on Fridays.
Our topic this term in ‘Dragon Tales and Saint David’s Day’ with a Humanities focus!
An egg has arrived in Dosbarth Poppy and the school CCTV has caught a dragon flying around our school grounds! So exciting! We can’t wait to learn about Dragons, history and geography of Wales and Saint David.
Miss Mac – Class Teacher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs Brown Mrs Jones
Dear Parents and caregivers,
Can you please bring in Book bags on a Monday regardless of whether your child has read, please comment on how your child is reading in their Reading Record so we have a good idea of how your child is coping with the books at home. Also, it is really important that Tricky Words and Sound Recognition is worked on at home in order to support your child’s learning in school.
Thank you for your support, should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch,
Email - McManusL10@hwbcymru.net